Monday, November 6, 2017

Getting Gators @ Sacrament

This has been another wonderful week. I am so grateful for the miracles and success we've been able to see all the way up to the end. 

Dylan Coopman is doing well! He came to church with us yesterday! We were bummed he didn't stay all 3 hours, but we found out he and his girlfriend went to the temple grounds. So we are cool with it! We'll be meeting with him during the week. 

Eric came to church too! Man, that was so cool! He and his girlfriend stayed all 3 hours and we had a lesson after with the Valley Center sisters, his girlfriend, and Jake Linville from our ward. It was super good! We talked about how God answers our prayers. He has had a pretty tough life and said he prayed a lot as a kid but never got answers. However, he committed to pray every say and read the Book of Mormon. He said the closing prayer, which was awesome! It was very real. It was as if he was talking to God face to face. He said in his prayer, "It's been a while... Last time I did this I didn't hear from you, so if you could answer me this time that'd be great. If you could show me a sign in... You know... The next few days or so that'd be cool... Then I can get baptized by the Sisters, and Kapp, and Halstead.... And Jake can come too if he's not busy!" It was awesome! I feel like he'll for sure get baptized. He participated all throughout church. He's just super busy, so it will probably happen when I'm home.

Yesterday was my last fast Sunday and I bore my last testimony in sacrament meeting. I wanted to share a bit of it. So over 2 years ago I was preparing for my mission. The original plan was to leave straight out of high school. When the time came, I didn't feel ready. I wanted to prepare more. Another tough variable was the fact my brother was coming home from his mission that December. Around September I felt like I needed to put my papers in. I was super nervous. I felt like I should just wait for Jake to get home. I prayed about it and felt that I needed to put them in. I felt a confirmation that I'd never regret leaving when I did. I ended up leaving 3 weeks before my brother got home. Though I've missed my brother my whole mission, I've always had a distinct peace about the timing of everything. The way it all worked out was perfect. I met a priest who was struggling to decide to serve a mission because of financial and family circumstances within my first couple weeks in the field. My trainer asked him to start coming out with us each week. He came out with us at least once every other week the 4.5 months I was there. The day after I left the area he reported to the MTC. He told me and my companion that he felt like we got called there specifically for him. Throughout my whole mission I have questioned God's timing. In every single one of my area's I've asked to stay before getting transferred. EVERY TIME!!! I am so grateful I got to move around so much on my mission. I know that I have accomplished all Heavenly Father had for me to do in each of my areas. I have asked and felt Him accept my service. I just want to encourage everyone to trust the Spirit and trust God's timing. All the best things in life take time. They take work. I know that as we follow the Spirit and continue to keep the commandments we have no reason to fear. We can live with a constant confidence and joy because we are doing the will of God. 

I love this mission. 

Elder Kapp









1 comment: