Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Happy Halloween!

All I can say is it's been another week in paradise! I am having so much fun! Elder Halstead and I are seeing miracles like crazy! We were able to see so much happen!

Dylan is doing so great! We had a lesson with him on Sunday. He's been reading the Book of Mormon and praying. One of the blessings we promised him if he read the Book of Mormon is he would see an increase in learning and he would do better in school. His girlfriend was telling us the day after our lesson that he was sitting in his EMT class and his teacher just kept firing questions to the class and Dylan just kept answering them. He just knew all the answers! She told him, "I told you it works!" He committed to come to church with us for sure this Sunday!

We also picked up a guy names Eric. He is dating a girl in the Valley Center Ward and went to a baptism. He said he wanted to get baptized and learn more. We taught him with the Valley Center sisters. It was an awesome lesson. We brought Tyrone Grantham with us and he killed it! He's an RM from Peru. They really hit it off and Eric wants to come to the YSA. He's fun to teach! He is very intelligent and "real" with us. We're hoping to see him this next week.

We had a really cool experience on Thursday. We got a referral from the Vista sisters for a guy who wanted to meet with us that night and wanted a blessing. His name is Anthony. It turns out he is actually a member. He stopped going to church out of high school and joined the marines. He just got off deployment and came home to a lot of problems with his recently married wife. He is looking towards divorce and wanted some guidance from God. He asked me to give the blessing and said he felt the Spirit for the first time in a while. He came to game night on Sunday and wants to start coming back to church and activities! 

I am also grateful for Stephen, Bear Valley's recent convert. Turns out I've had a rib out of place for a while and he's giving me free chiropractic care. He's making my life so much better. Very grateful for that man!

I love this mission so much! It's a bummer that as soon as I start somewhat knowing what I'm doing and stop stressing so much I have to start preparing to go home! I know so strongly this is God's work! I love it so much! I love the gospel and know it is the answer to any problem! Have a good week everyone! 

Elder Kapp

Pictures:
-Elder Wilson and Elder Halstead, the Elders I trained! (Elder Wilson is going to the MTC today so we wish him luck!)

-Bathroom selfie at dinner. We went straight from service  and decided it would be a good time to take a picture. 

- The rest are just service and other random pictures.






No comments:

Post a Comment