Monday, October 2, 2017

General Conference Week

Hey friends and family at home!

I cannot express how grateful I am for the prophet. Right off the back, I just want to say that God has a prophet on the earth and his name is Thomas S. Monson. His health may be declining, but his authority and priesthood keys are just as powerful as ever. He is the chosen mouthpiece for God in these days. The apostles have been called of God. They are commissioned to teach all nations and cry repentance to the world. I know this to be true because I have gained a spiritual witness of the reality of the restoration. Joseph Smith did kneel in the sacred grove and saw a vision of God the Father and Jesus Christ. Through him, Jesus Christ restored His gospel and His church. I know it. I have read the Book of Mormon and know it could not be written by anything less than a prophet of God. This is God's work and His gospel.

This past week was full of miracles. I'm going to share two. 

We were able to pick up a new investigator at Edson Range a couple weeks ago. His name is Recruit Lal. The lessons have gone wonderful. He had already been taught at MCRD and was ready to be baptized. Yesterday he was able to enter the waters of baptism and be confirmed a full member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. It was also his birthday, so we gave him the Gift of the Holy Ghost ;) He was also ordained to the office of a priest. You would think, "How could someone learn the gospel in just a few weeks and then be baptized, confirmed, and ordained within one day?" It's because God's work is moving forward and His elect are being prepared. I have a strong testimony of how the gospel can change lives.

The second miracle is Dylan. We were told about McKayla Evans boyfriend a couple weeks ago and that he accepted to take the lessons. We were originally told he was doing it for more educational reasons. Just a couple days prior to the lessons, Elder Halstead and I made a commitment to eliminate all distractions and go on a spiritual "Cleanse". As we began to teach Dylan, we asked what his expectations were in regards to us meeting. He said, "I want to learn how to become converted." It took me a few seconds to get my jaw off the floor and respond. It was one of the most spiritual lessons of my mission. I loved it! It was so much fun. He accepted commitments and we have a lesson next sunday.

I love you all and hope you have a great week! God is good!

Elder Kapp

Pictures... from MLC





No comments:

Post a Comment