Monday, September 25, 2017

Miracles present in Esco and Following the Spirit

Hey everyone,

This last week was such a great week! We are living the dream. Elder Halstead is doing SO GOOD!

So this is the gist of the week. We did a booth at Mira Costa and met this super cool Jewish kid named Shlomo or something... He is actually a Messianic Jew, so he believes in Jesus and all that! So he's really not to far off from being Mormon. He taught us some Hebrew and I learned a lot about the Jewish faith! Hopefully we can teach him or something this week!

We are struggling getting back in with the investigators we've picked up. It's frustrating, but we're praying to see miracles and they are coming!

There was this nonmember guy named Elroy that just walked into church on Sunday. He said he met missionaries a while ago and came twice. He checked out a bunch of other churches, but really likes ours. Hopefully he comes again next week because he slipped out before we could talk to him much. He has Book of Mormon and our number, so he might call!

Edson Range was on FIRE yesterday! We picked up 3 new guys and one of them is getting baptized next week! He was taught in MCRD and is ready! He passed his interview and is getting dunked! This is E Halstead's first one so we are excited! We also taught this Recruit Collins. He heard we had a class about marriage or something and he thought it sounded interesting and unique. We taught him the restoration and he said he would definitely read the Book of Mormon and pray about it. 

I learned a lot about the Spirit this last week. There were multiple experiences where I learned what the Spirit is saying and to be more open to what it can prompt me to do. I will share one experience. So we were on exchanges on Saturday. After dinner I could not for the life of me figure out where to go. Due to a breakfast with our bishop at 8:00AM, we didn't get much time to plan. We kept praying and praying but the place where to go that kept coming to mind is a place we contact every couple days. I didn't want to go there and felt we could do something more. Eventually I just decided to go to that park and walk around. I kept having this thought we should go get corn (like the Nacho Libre Mexican corn) from this lady that sells it on the street there. We got it and sat down and just talked. I felt bad. I kept thinking, "Heavenly Father! Come on... I am trying to work! I really am, but I don't know what to do!" So we got up and just talked. This Elder really began to open up to me about what's gone on in his life and what's been hard for him. Eventually we were back in the car and waiting for our companions to come exchange back and I just felt I needed to talk to him about forgiveness, especially forgiving himself. Honestly, I don't know what I said, but I remember I felt pretty bold saying it. Then it was silent for like 30 seconds... (Felt like minutes). Then he wrote down what I said and said it's been really hard and that's exactly what he needed.

Moral of the story.  I learned that I am here to bring souls to Christ. That is everyone. I realized that this was the best place God could have me be at that time. God put me in the path of who was prepared and I was able to testify of the atonement. We need to get out of our minds that missionary work is simply inviting nonmembers to get baptized or read the Book of Mormon or take the lessons. No. It's helping in bringing God's children closer to Christ. Always listen to the Spirit and I promise the Spirit will be more present in your life. Pray for missionary opportunities. 

I love you all!

Elder Kapp

Zone conference pictures:





No comments:

Post a Comment