Monday, September 11, 2017

Trust God and Keep Holding On!

Hey people,

Well this week has been a blessed week. Elder Halstead and I are killing it! We are putting it all out there and seeing a ton of success. This last week we were able to pick up 2 new investigators. We found both of them from contacting on the streets. The first guy's name is Andy. We played basketball with him for a little bit then we got to teach him. It went really well! He's a cool guy!

The other guy we taught is Franko. He lives in our apartment complex and he knew some missionaries that would come talk to him before. We didn't have a very formal lesson, but it's good. He seems open to listening, but not really looking to change or anything. 

We went on exchanges on Wednesday. I was with Elder Garner. He's a really awesome kid! He's brand new from Texas. He's doing a really good job!.

There were a ton of small miracles we saw. We picked up tons of potentials for ourselves and for other wards. Street contacting has been super effective for us. We are trying to pick up 2-3 investigators a week. It's going pretty well so far. We are setting up a booth at the college this week. 

The last eventful thing was Mission President Interviews. That was my last one before my exit interview.... Not a fan of that. It hit me pretty hard and I finally realized the reality of leaving and I have been really sad off and on since. But I'm trying to shake it off!

I think the one thing I've learned this past week is the importance of trusting God and holding on. I don't know why, but this last week I was feeling very anxious and depressed randomly. I couldn't figure out what I was doing or what was causing me to feel so panicked all the time. It would just hit me randomly. I figured out a few things and did what I could to eliminate stress. There was one night I was kneeling and praying asking Heavenly Father why He wouldn't just take it away and help me. I realized His constant hand in getting through each of those days. I mean, I'm still here! I feel like I was trying to get rid of my part and my problems, but Heavenly Father knew what I needed and gave me the strength I needed. That might be a bit of a rant... But moral of the story! Trust God and just keep holding on. If you feel His spirit at all in your life you know He's there. So keep calm, trust God, and keep holding on! I just love my saviour Jesus Christ and know he's a friend of mine. 

I love you all!

Elder Kapp

 Kick Ball Game!

Picnic after Kick Ball Game

Exchanges with E. Garner!

Corn is celebration of the New Investigator! (It's a tradition)

                      Elder Halstead and I with the sunset. 
​​​​​​​​​​

District picture



             Fishing @ Dixon Lake (Not the biggest Bass recorded...)



Choppin wood


No comments:

Post a Comment