Monday, October 9, 2017

Clear eyes. Full hearts. CAN'T LOSE.

Hey everyone,

We saw a lot of awesome miracles this last week. We've been continuing our "cleanse". We've been keeping our apartment clean, being super strict on music and other rules, and just praying for miracles. We have seen so much happen. Unfortunately we were unable to teach Dylan Coopman again, but we were able to pick up some solid PI's. We were told about a young woman in the Twin Oaks Valley ward who has a YSA aged boyfriend who wants to meet with us. We are looking forward to that in the upcoming weeks.

We also got to meet up with Franky Hunt. He's the kid I taught when I was a greenie. He's doing super well! It was awesome to see him. He's going to the fire academy right now so he's super busy, but he said we could come by again next week. I read in my journal the other day from 18 months ago and I said, "My mission goal is to baptize Franky Hunt. No matter what happens after that, my mission is a success." I feel like one day he will join the church and I will be there, but I'm just grateful I've gotten to know him so well!

Friday was kind of a gnarly day because of weekly planning and service. We were inside and not proselyting all day!!!! Ahh man, we were so depressed. So we finally get out and we were seeing nothing happen! There were no people to talk to, nobody was home... Nothing! At 8:30 we decided to head back to our apartment complex and try to contact people there. We walked around until 8:50 and were walking back to the apartment when we saw this guy walking in the parking lot. Elder Halstead says, "Hey! Do you think you'd be willing to hear the message we are sharing?" The guy says, "Yeah I would." It caught Elder Halstead and I so off guard he said, ".... What?" and the guy says, "Yeah I would!" We were still shocked, but it turned out wonderfully. His name is Orlando and hasn't been to church since he was a kid. It was a miracle!

We also had a trainer meeting. That was good! 

Oh, and the subject is mine and Elder Halstead's motto for the rest of the transfer. I remember my cousin used that for a youth conference theme, so we adopted it. We set a goal to baptize 3 people before I go home, and we are so dedicated. We got a clear vision, our hearts are full, so we can't lose.

Love you all! 

District pictures
(Elder Lebaron dies this week, that's why he's laying on the table...)




No comments:

Post a Comment