Monday, November 20, 2017

Final Email - Leaving Carlsbad

I can't believe I am here. Two short years have come and gone and I am heading home in the morning. There are a lot of emotions that have come over the last month. I've felt fear, doubt, excitement, joy, anxiety, regret, love, etc... However at this point all I can feel is an overwhelming feeling of gratitude. As we knelt and prayed in our apartment for the last time earlier today I was absolutely overtaken with this feeling of gratitude. That's all I can feel right now is how grateful I am to my Heavenly Father for the uncountable blessings He has given me. I cannot begin to tell you how much I've been blessed with on my mission. I can look back and see all the miracles, the healings, the times we were given the perfect things to say, the times we were guided to exactly the right place, and the times we were able to see lives change. All of these were gifts from God. He gave them to me. 

I know that I could not have made it to this point if it were not for the help of God. There were many times on this mission where the atonement carried me because I was too weak to walk alone. I know Jesus Christ lives. I know he suffered for me. I know that through his atonement I can have everlasting life and peace. I love him so much. I know he wants to help each of us. He is a perfect brother. He is more than willing to help us, heal us, and comfort us if we are willing to come to him. That is always his invitation. Just come. I know that there is no sin, addiction, pain, doubt, or affliction that cannot be completely repaired by the atonement of Jesus Christ. 

I know this is Christ's church. I have learned that there is so much good in every church. They are not evil. However, we have the fullness of the gospel. We have the Holy Priesthood of God and we can do the sacred ordinances necessary for our salvation and exaltation. I know Joseph Smith is truly a prophet of God. I know he saw a vision of our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. I know he was called by Jesus Christ to restore the priesthood, priesthood keys, and organization of the original church Christ established on the earth. We can know this is true by reading the Book of Mormon. I know it is history of the people who existed in the Americas. I know it is true. I know it was translated by Joseph Smith through the power of God. I have read the Book of Mormon and when I read it every day I am happier. I feel more confident. 

I am so honored to be a missionary. I am so grateful for all the people I've met. I've made some of the best friends of my life here. I know without a doubt that this is God's work. I know that it is not solely the responsibility of those who wear black tags to find, teach, ad baptize. It is a covenant we all made to do when we were baptized. We all must share the gospel. Heavenly Father has prepared a place for every single one of His children in the Celestial Kingdom. He needs our help to bring them back home. In 3 Nephi 17:7, Jesus Christ says, "Have ye any that are sick among you? Bring them hither. Have ye any that are lame, or blind, or halt, or maimed, or leprous, or that are withered, or that are deaf, or that are afflicted in any manner? Bring them hither and I will heal them, for I have compassion upon you; my bowels are filled with mercy." We need to bring them to Christ. That's all we need to do! Christ will do the rest. I know that as we do that we will be filled with the greatest blessings we can receive because we are fulfilling God's purpose, which is to "bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man. (Moses 1:39)" 

I love my mission so much. I'm going to miss it. It truly has been the best two years of my life. I am so grateful for the wonderful gift it's been. I love my Heavenly Father. I know He lives. I testify of this in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

Elder Erik Kapp

Goodbye Pictures
















No comments:

Post a Comment