Monday, August 28, 2017

Transfers.... (Shoutout to the Holy Spirit and Caden Kapp and Elder Wilde)

Another week in paradise....

So first off.... Elder Wilson is getting transferred to Vista 8th Ward with Elder Owens. I will be training a new missionary. I will pick him up tomorrow. I will also be serving as a district leader again! I am really excited about that. There are a lot of greenies in my district and it'll keep me busy before I go home. Also... Elder Gull is coming to be my ZL. (For those tuning in for the first time, Elder Gull and I were comps and we got along REAL good.)

It was a bit of a rough week, but we pulled through! We had a bunch of meetings and stuff. We had a meeting on Wednesday in Vista for a trainer follow up meeting. It was pretty good! 

This week has been just really unlucky as far as getting in with people. We have had very little luck. At this point it's kind of funny, but we just keep rolling with the punches (like Mayweather). We are going to start doing a lot of new stuff this week and it'll be great. 

We started a booth at Palomar College. It's pretty sweet! We picked up some solid potential investigators for other areas. Soon what goes around will come back around and we are going to be rolling in good work! In due time. We have some sweet ideas for the booth we are going to start doing this week. 

Edson was awesome! We got to teach Recruit Huston again. He's from Las Vegas and comes from a part member family. He's such a smart and down to earth guy! He's been praying about getting baptized here at camp instead of waiting to get home. It's super fun to teach him!
We also picked up a new guy named Recruit Stone. He was invited by a guy in his platoon, Recruit Isert. It was such a powerful lesson. Isert bore testimony of the Book of Mormon and it brought the spirit so strong! Also, Chandler Poole (a kid from my home stake) is doing well! He's at boot camp right now. 

I had a really special experience this last week. I have just been so frustrated about the work and have felt very lost and unsure about what to do. So on Friday I went into the closet in the bedroom and had a good conversation with my Heavenly Father. It started as a vent session, to me beating myself up. Then I really felt the love God and Jesus Christ has for me. I know that Christ doesn't identify us by our sins. You're not defined by the mistakes you make. I felt the love and understanding of my Savior. I absolutely love the Spirit and I'm so grateful for the experience I had. I know I'm not perfect and I won't be for a LONG time, but I know that I'm on the right track as long as I come to him.

I love you all!

Especially you Caden! HAVE A HAPPY 14th BDAY this week! I love you man! You are the coolest kid I know. I miss you so much and can't wait to see you! Have fun and enjoy!

Elder Kapp

Picture: Trainer Meeting


PS: Shoutout to Elder Wilde for finishing up his mission! Thank you for being such a great companion and one of my closest friends over the last 21 months. You've served honorably and I know your mission was a success just due to the impact you had on me! Love you, brother!



PS2: All  you single ladies! There's a new man on the RM Market... His name is Nate Wilde. He's going to BYU-I. Hit him up! 

Trainer Meeting

No comments:

Post a Comment