Monday, August 14, 2017

78 people between 4:30 and 8:00. #SpreadTheWord

Hey everyone! This last week was really long, but it was good. Elder Wilson and I are still trying to find people to teach, but the ball is starting to roll in the ward. We spent a lot of time trying to find and seeking for referrals from our members. We're trying to build up the members in helping them invite. We've gotten a lot of names we're praying for! 

The week itself wasn't super eventful. It was good though. We went on exchanges on Tuesday. I went with Elder Cromer. He's a greenie from Wyoming. He's a really cool kid! We had a lot of fun and got a lot done. 

We also had President Interviews this last week. That was really good. I always love meeting with President Thomas. I'm grateful for the relationship I've been able to develop with him throughout my mission. 

On Saturday, Elder Wilson and I were having no luck. At about 4:30 we just hit the streets and started contacting. We got 10, which is our daily goal. Then I asked Wilson if he thought we could get more. So we got 25 more. Then we ate dinner and stopped by some Less Actives, but had no success. So Elder Wilson and I decided we were going to stay on the streets. We'd set a higher goal, hit it, then I'd ask Elder Wilson if he thought we could get more. We ended up contacting to 78 people, picked up 3 referrals for other areas, and gave a guy a Book of Mormon and he said he'd come check out our church sometime. Now, we didn't see any direct blessings, but it was awesome! Elder Wilson really developed a ton of confidence and isn't as afraid to talk to people now. We both grew a ton. 

We got to pick up 2 new investigators on Edson Range this last week. Both of their parents are divorced and one parent is a member. So both of them were very knowledgeable of our church. We challenged both to read the Book of Mormon, pray, and pray about getting baptized. Both said they probably would get baptized, but it would be at home so their families could see. 

This next week, Elder Wilson and I are having a #MiracleWeek. We are praying that we can find 3 new investigators, have 3 investigators at church, and have 1 on date to be baptized this week. We are being 100% exactly obedient, working as hard as we can, and praying a ton we can find referrals and hit our goals. We need miracles!

I love you all! Have a great week!

Elder Kapp 



Elder Wilson and I had dinner with someone with a tortoise.


               Pictures from being in Valley Center.

 

Picture from interviews.



No comments:

Post a Comment