Monday, August 21, 2017

Meeting San Diego Missionaries, Zone Conference, and Am I A Disciple of Christ?

Hey everyone!

This last week was very eventful with meetings!

We had exchanges on Tuesday this last week. That was a lot of fun! I got to go with Elder Lundquist. He's awesome! He's from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. We did a lot of contacting and were able to meet some pretty cool people. I loved our time together. 

Wednesday we had zone conference. That was pretty good. They talked a lot about inviting to be baptized. I thought it was pretty good! I loved seeing the missionaries I used to serve with and be around them. 

Thursday we had a meeting with the San Diego missionaries who are serving at MCRD (Marine boot camp) in their mission. It was pretty good. It was interesting to see other missionaries and see how different the culture can be between 2 missions that border. We also had dinner with Elder Higginson and Elder Phillips, missionaries who went home and were visiting. Elder Phillips was my trainer. It was awesome! 

Friday we did a lot of service and weekly planned. 

On Sunday we were able to pick up a new investigator on Edson. He's really cool! His name is Recruit Mendoza. He wants to find himself and he said he felt the Spirit during our lesson. He said he'll be baptized if he knows it's true. Elder Hadfield talked during sacrament meeting on base. He did such a great job. He talked about how we need to "Go back to work" and stop worrying about the past. I needed it!

This week we have a lot more meetings. It's mine and Elder Wilson's last week together. Then he'll be off with someone else and my new guy will come in! It's flown by. Too fast. 

I love this gospel and I'm grateful to be a disciple of Jesus Christ. This last week we talked about what it means to be a disciple of Christ at Zone Conference. I have come to a conclusion that I, and probably most members of the church, need to do a better job at focusing on what Christ said were the "Two greatest commandments". I think we give ourselves too much credit for doing what we've done our whole lives and we condemn those around us who aren't living the same standards. This is NOT being a disciple of Christ. The 2 greatest commandments are to 1. Love God with all our heart, might, mind, and strength. 2. Love thy neighbor as thyself. God doesn't care if you are doing better than your neighbor or co worker or anyone else. He cares a lot more about how you treat that person and how you're helping them in returning back home to him. We too quickly condemn the sinners for their sins and forget that we are just as dirty as they are. We don't know where most people really are, where they've been, and most importantly where they are trying to be. 

This week I'm going to be more loving to everyone around me and improve as a disciple of Christ. By doing so I will be showing God that I truly do love him. (Mosiah 27 & Moses 1:39)

I love you all!

Elder Kapp


                                 
                                Elder Phillips and Higginson

                  

Elder Trounce and I on a comfy couch thing by the pool.

God's Squad back again... (Picture from Zone Conference)


Meeting with the San Diego Missionaries and MCRD Branch. (They're the one's on the right side. Our's are the 6 on the left) 



No comments:

Post a Comment