Monday, August 8, 2016

Torrey Pines YSA Week 18 - Estamos enseñando a tres personas acerca de Jesús

Hey people! How's it going? (Not that I actually expect you to reply. But just know I am interested in your well being.) 

I am still sick... It's the worst because it makes it hard to work, but I am slowly getting better... But, I am pleased to declare... We have not one, but THREE new investigators. Those of you who have or are serving foreign, I am happy you had 10 baptisms in a week, but I am SUPER HAPPY about my three investigators. Let's not compare. 

We taught Mark on Monday. We taught the restoration with his dad. I don't know how willing he is to convert, but we will see. They are pretty strong Christians in their own faith and are really only just wanting to know what Mormons think about certain things...

Then we taught Makk on Tuesday. (Makk, not mark). That lesson was INCREDIBLE! He was so fun to teach. He is this super laid back African-American 19 year old who was super receptive and funny. It was a blast and we should teach him again this week. Just to give you an idea, we taught him in front of his house. As we were teaching this group of teenagers were walking by across the street and Makk says, "Hold up... Check it out... It's the squaaad... Maybe we should go get the squad and have them come hear some of this good stuff!"  They didn't want to hear...

Wednesday I got to go on an exchange with Elder Wilde! It was a blast! I MISS HIM! We had a lot of fun!

Then on Friday we were so busy we had to push weekly planning to Saturday! We taught Bryan on Friday! He is friends with a recent convert that just came to our ward. Elder George ran into them while on exchanges in the Del Mar ward. We taught him in the chapel and he said he really felt the spirit and said if he comes to know the Book of Mormon is true he will be baptized! (that's what I'm talking about)

Saturday was the farewell party for our ward. Half of our ward is heading to college this next month so we said goodbye... That was super depressing.. But then on Sunday we found out we are also saying goodbye to our bishopric! They were released and we got a new bishop! Bishop Romney is one of the best men I have ever met and I am very excited for Bishop Cornwell. He is also just amazing! 

I had a strong confirmation at institute this last Thursday that Heavenly Father truly does love us and accepts us. I was feeling pretty down and kind of worthless as a missionary, but then during institute the spirit really came to me confirming that Heavenly Father does accept and is proud of what I have done thus far.

I love you!

Elder Erik Kapp 

                                                              The District

                                          Last picture with Bishop and Sister Romney 






No comments:

Post a Comment