Monday, August 15, 2016

Goodbye Torrey Pines YSA...

Hey guys,

So I got transfer calls on Saturday and, to my surprise, I am being transferred... I am super sad to leave this ward. It has been such a great experience and I have loved it. I will be heading to Carlsbad YSA with Elder Richards. We will be "White Washing" the area (meaning we are both new there) which will be good! I am super excited! We are going to be living in Oceanside, which is a place I have been before so that will be good!

Anyways, this last week was really good. We picked up another investigator on Thursday, Huamin. He was a pass off from the Olivenhain elders. The lesson went really well! We talked about the Book of Mormon and he said he would read it and will get baptized if he comes to know it is true. Super cool! We didn't get a chance to teach our other investigators!!! AHHH!!! It's so frustrating. They have so much potential and you know they will be blessed by the message... They are just too busy... Elder George will get them dunked when I leave!

It was really sad to say goodbye to my ward. I love the people here in Torrey Pines. They have been so great to me. I can't wait to come back and see them again! Except some better not be in the YSA anymore... They should be "graduated" to the family ward by then.

I learned a bit about forgiveness this last week. I was studying it a lot this last week for no real reason. It's just such a cool concept! Without forgiveness there would be no grace or mercy. I love President Hinckley's talk about Forgiveness. Sometimes it is hard to give forgiveness. Justice and fairness are what we deserve. Nobody deserves mercy or forgiveness. That's what makes it such a great thing. I made the decision that forgiveness is one of the best gifts we can give someone. I know as a missionary you have to be a forgiving person. I have learned that when we don't forgive we put a weight on our shoulders and a weight on those who have wronged us. No matter what is done or how bad it hurt we need to forgive them. 

I love you all so much! I am so grateful I have the opportunity to be a missionary. I love sharing the gospel. It is such a great blessing. Have a good week.

Elder Erik Kapp

                                                         Jared Larsen and Chase Jensen

                                                                   Gabriel Figuero 

                                                                       Toolson's

                                                          Dallin Large and Eric Sawyer

                                                                Brother and Sister Smith

                                                                         Daniel Cross

No comments:

Post a Comment