Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Torrey Pines YSA Week 7 - Prayers are answered!

Hey everyone! This last week has been such a blessing to me. I just want to testify that Heavenly Father answers prayers. He always does. We just need to show faith.

For the last 5 months, Torrey Pines elders haven't had any investigators. I have been here for 6 weeks and have been praying for success. This last week I decided to fast for investigators. I prayed we would find an elect investigator.

This last week we picked up a new investigator. His name is Austen. He was taught by Del Mar Ward and has taken all the lessons. He believes it is all true, but just has a couple things he needs to give up before he can be baptized. He just graduated High School.
We also got 2 solid member referrals. We are going to start teaching them next week.
We also got more than 5 missionary referrals. We are checking up on them this week.

I can't express how grateful I am for my blessings. I know Heavenly Father blesses us when we humble ourselves to ask for His help. I am so excited to spend more time in this area! It is a blessed time!

So run down of the week.
Monday: We played family feud for FHE. It was a ton of fun! My team won :)
Tuesday: We had lunch at the Cross's and spent the day with Elder Marchand while he waited for his new companion.
Wednesday: We had our Zone Welcome and met all the new missionaries in the zone.
Thursday: We just had institute
Friday: We started visiting the whole ward list. And I held a tarantula.
Saturday: We stopped by so many people trying to figure out people we didn't know on the ward list.
Sunday: We had church and all that good stuff. For 3rd hour we had a combined lesson on Dating by Bishop Romney... That was... nice...
Monday: Memorial Day! We went to a FHE party. Elder Spencer and I played some good badminton! And we just had a normal day!

Tonight we are going to stop by Beach Volleyball night to see if Austen makes it there. It will be good!

I love you all so much! I hope you have a good week! Congrats to those graduating! Enjoy summer!!

Love, Elder Erik Kapp

                                          Yes, I was freaked out to be holding a spider


                                                             Just another pretty sunset


No comments:

Post a Comment