Monday, July 10, 2017

Hey everyone!

We got a ton done this last week. We had exchanges, district meeting, and went on splits almost every day! It's sometimes frustrating, but the ball is beginning to roll my friends. We are anticipating a lot of work coming in the next few weeks. Transfers are next week, so I hope I am staying.

We are excited for Stephanie's baptism this next week! She gets home today and her baptism will be this Sunday! We are so pumped! 

We didn't pick up any new investigators this last week, but we made a ton of progress. We picked up quite a few potentials and started working with a couple part member families. 

This next week we are training at zone conference on Thursday. We will also be going to the other zone conference for car inspections on Wednesday. 

Spiritual part...
I was thinking quite a bit about trusting our Heavenly Father, testimony, and not needing to worry. I have been pretty uptight and nervous for the next few months. A lot of change is going to happen and I want it to work out right. But then it hit me. Heavenly Father already knows what I need, what I want, and what's going to happen. So why worry? I don't need to ask "What if...?". I read this quote this last week that said that 10% of our life is what happens to us and 90% is how we react to it. We have a lot more control than we'd like to admit sometimes. We can't make excuses. We can't ignore our problems. We can't be afraid. Life is supposed to be happy. I love the scripture in D&C 6:36, "Look unto me in every thought; doubt not, fear not." Until this week, I always thought the Lord was giving us 3 things we should do in that verse. 1) look unto him in every thought. 2) Doubt not. 3) Fear not. However, I feel like it's more than that. I feel like it's a promise with two blessings. If we look unto Christ in every thought, we will not doubt and we will not fear. When we make Christ not only a part of our life, but the focus and foundation we will have no room to fear or doubt. Because we will know our Saviour. We will have a relationship with Him. We will trust that when we ask for help, He will help us. I feel like any doubt, problem, or question could be answered by focusing more on Jesus Christ. I know that if you have any questions or struggles and you begin to focus time every day specifically to Jesus Christ, you will find answers and comfort and peace.

I love this gospel. It's true and it's real.

Elder Kapp

4th of July Party

Zone hike this morning.

Elder Gull, Elder Eddins, and myself are #Merica festive.



No comments:

Post a Comment