Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Transferring to Murrieta... Goodbye Temecula!

I got transferred.... I am super bummed! I loved Temecula so much. I met some of my favorite people and made some incredible memories! I loved being with Elder Gull! He has been one of my favorite companions. We had so much fun and I have learned so much from him. It would be a dream come true to serve with him again before I get home! I am now in Murrieta, the next town over with Elder Figgins. I can actually see my old area from our apartment. I am serving in the Alta Murrieta Ward and the Murrieta YSA. (My 4th YSA in a row!)

It was a great week this last week. We saw so many miracles. It was hard to keep track of them all. Lydia is doing well, but she had a rough week. Her family doesn't really want her to be baptized and she is thinking of postponing it so she can talk to her family about it and get their support. She is so solid! We are praying she will get baptized this Saturday! 

This last week we did a lot of service and went on exchanges with Rancho California Elders, Elder Daniels and Elder Ruhl. I got to be with Elder Daniels. He just got to the mission this last transfer and is probably one of the most solid greenies I've met. He is a 26 year old from Manti, Utah. He grew up on a farm and is a diesel mechanic! HARD WORKER! Every chance he gets he is studying preach my gospel or the scriptures. He's going places.

We saw so many miracles at church on Sunday! We had 2 part member families we've worked with since I've been here come to the family ward. There were 3 non-members we have been working with at the YSA ward. Of course, as soon as I'm leaving!!!!! I am very excited for Elder Gull and Elder Eddins. They're going to kill it!

I learned a great lesson about attitude this week. I was so mad when I got my transfer call. I asked my Mission President to keep Elder Gull and I together and I felt pretty cheated. Especially because I am literally going the next town over. It's RIGHT THERE! But as I really prayed about it and tried to be humble and just accept it, I started to see there was a reason for it. President Thomas is such a great example of having a good attitude! He told me once that you need to choose to be happy and see the good in every situation. That's how you become happy.

So that's what I'm going to do! I am honestly stoked to be here!

I love you all!

Elder Kapp

Pictures: Goodbye to some of my favorite families! 



















No comments:

Post a Comment