Monday, April 3, 2017

April General Conference... What a blessing...

Hey everyone! 
This last week was a really slow week. We were anticipating tons going on, but that just wasn't in the cards for us. We did have a great lesson with Lydia though! We saw her on Tuesday. We taught her the restoration and the Spirit was super strong! She told us that she wanted to be baptized and we asked her to pray for a specific day to set as a goal. Our second lesson with her fell through and was rescheduled to tomorrow. She watched conference and I'm sure she loved it!
We went to a lot of meetings this last week. We also had exchanges with Temecula Ward. On Friday we had MLC. That meeting is always so great and spiritual, but holy chicken it's long! We are still trying to figure out what exactly we need to do to find people to teach. We are thinking about pulling out the good ol' iron stallions (pedal bikes) and hitting the pavement. But then I remembered I've been in a car for over a year and I'm probably not good to be as enthusiastic about the idea after a few minutes.
General conference was a blessing. I loved how it talked about the plan of salvation, retaining a testimony, the Book of Mormon, and the importance of families, specifically, the importance of parents raising their children to have good beliefs. On my mission I've seen so many families where the kids are not active because the parents let them choose at a young age if they wanted to go or not or they gave them too much freedom. Honestly, I am blessed my parents didn't give me a choice. It's not because their manipulative or brainwashing. They were raising me in the best way they knew how. Because I stuck with it I was able to see how much it blessed my life and now I am where I am now. The gospel makes me happy. I am glad my parents gave me the chance to be raised in it.
I love you all! Have a great week!
Elder Kapp


                                                      Bass Fishing with the AP's
                                      Elder Gull and I at a leadership meeting we held.
                  Home sweet home! (we stole a selfie stick we found in another apartment)
                                                        Bass fishing this morning.
                                                                March MLC


                                               Elder Gull and I emailing

No comments:

Post a Comment