Monday, November 28, 2016

Carlsbad YSA Week 15 - Thanksgiving!

Hey everyone! This last week was a bit slower. We are kind of struggling to find stuff to do. It's been rainy the last few days and Californians don't like the rain so it's hard to find people to talk to. But it's okay because it rarely rains here. We have been working with Delshawn a lot! He was ordained a priest yesterday! That was awesome! We have been doing family history with him and he is really excited to do temple work. 
We have been trying to focus a lot of time on Camp Pendleton. There are a lot of members there and Elder Hadfield and I love base! It's so cool! We were visiting one of our members and we could just hear guns going off close by. Elder Hadfield and I were like, "THIS IS AWESOME!" 

Thanksgiving was a blast! We had dinner with our Bishop and it was awesome! After dinner we went to the Corless', our senior couple for Military Relations. They had a lot of the Marines over and tried to feed us, but we would have exploded! They are two of my favorite people in the world! It was great. After that we took left overs from dinner and the Corless' to take to some marines that didn't get Thanksgiving because they were on duty. Altogether, it was a great day! 
Last, Edson Range is rolling again! I got to teach Recruit Vega-Salazar. He is from Logan Utah. It went really well! We set a goal for him to get baptized in 2 weeks, but if he feels ready he might next week. I am really excited for him! I love being there!
I love you! Have a good week!
Elder Kapp


1. An awesome picture of Elder Hadfield and I walking down the street that I am sure his mother will love :)
2. Car ride to Edson Range



No comments:

Post a Comment