Monday, November 14, 2016

Carlsbad YSA Week 13 - Delshawn's baptism

This last week was a very special week! Delshawn was baptized! It was such a blessing for us to see him take that step in his life. Some elders before us taught him and then Elder Richards and I taught him. At that time he wasn't ready to progress and we dropped him my second week being there. About 6 weeks later I was with Elder Hadfield. Delshawn just kept coming to my mind and I felt like we needed to stop by him, though I didn't remember where he lived and we never wrote it down. We went into his complex and we prayed before to be guided by the spirit. It was incredible. There were no profound signs or feelings. Where we went just made sense. We knocked and Delshawn came to the door. It was a small confirmation to me that this was where we needed to be. As we taught him again he was ready. It took time for him to progress, but when the invitation to be baptized came he was ready. 

There were a lot of things that happened this last week, but most important thing I can share is the importance of the spirit. On the mission you go through periods of ups and downs. The last couple weeks have been a struggle, but I am learning the importance of the spirit. We need that spirit. It is one of the most precious gifts Heavenly Father gives us. When we are confirmed, the specific words "receive the Holy Ghost" are said. It's not a gift we are given without any effort on our part. It must be desired and received. So it's important that we are living good and worthy to have it with us always. 

This next week will be a fun one! We have zone training meeting and on Friday Elder Gull and I hit our year mark! HUMP DAY! To follow that, we are being visited by Dallin H. Oaks on Saturday! (I think he is coming to personally congratulate us, but who knows.)

I love you all so much! Have a great week!

Elder Erik Kapp








No comments:

Post a Comment