Monday, September 12, 2016

Carlsbad YSA Week 4 - Baptism at Boot Camp

This last week was very long! It seems like it went on forever, but not a whole lot happened.

On Tuesday we got to go to Legoland! That was a fun P-Day! We got in for free because some members work there. It's definitely a place for younger kids, but it was a lot of fun. I mean, if we weren't there we probably would have just shopped and played basketball. But we really enjoyed it!

Wednesday we had Zone Training Meeting. It was good. There were some changes to the mission that are pretty different. For example, we don't keep track of how many people we contact on the street anymore. I personally like it. In Preach My Gospel it says to talk to everyone. Some days everyone is 10 people. Other days it is 200 people. It all depends on what you're doing and who is in your path. The focus is all on finding and not reaching your goals.

Friday we had interviews with President. It was good. We also did some weekly planning. We were supposed to go to dinner and on splits with our Elders Quorum President, but he had to bail last minute. We were super bummed. But it ended up being a blessing. We ended up picking up a new investigator from it named Steven. We taught him the restoration, but he isn't getting back to us. Later that night we taught Nathaniel. He is starting to grow and progress. Slowly, but it is still progress.

Saturday was one of the longest days of my mission. We just walked around stopping by less actives all day. We picked up so many potential investigators... For other wards... It was just never ending. We keep picking up investigators, but they disappear after the first lesson. So on paper it looks like we are doing alright, but in reality we are really struggling to find people to teach.

Sunday was a blessing. At Edson Range I met with Recruit Diaz. He is my guy from Compton. I didn't get to teach him last week because of lack of time, but the first week I taught him he declined on the invitation to baptism. Yesterday I met with him and we were just talking about how he was doing, if he's been reading, and what he's thought about church the last few weeks. His reply was, "I've thought a lot about what you told me... And I was going to get baptized today, but it's pretty cold so I thought I would wait til next week." I was in shock. I honestly thought I misheard him. I was like, "Hold up! You want to get baptized?!" The spirit has worked on him and he got an answer to his prayer that baptism was right for him. Unfortunately he left to Phase 3 of boot camp yesterday at MCRD in San Diego, but he will be getting baptized there. And he will be coming back to Camp Pendleton in about 6 weeks for more training after boot camp.

It really doesn't matter where you serve or how high up the ladder of leadership you make it. I've learned that our purpose truly is to bring souls to Christ. There is no better feeling than being able to help people change and become better and happier. I am so excited for Job Diaz to make the change next week. HE IS SO READY! This gospel changes people. It is the living church of Christ on the earth. The promises we make at baptism are eternal. That Holy Ghost is with us til the end. We CANNOT give into temporal things. They aren't worth it. Heavenly Father wants to bless us. But we have to be obedient and ready for what He has to offer.

I love you all!

Elder Kapp

Have a great week!



No comments:

Post a Comment