Monday, April 11, 2016

Transfers

Hey everyone!

So transfers are this week and I am getting transferred. I will be serving in Torrey Pines YSA! I am so excited! I will be over all of the young single adults in the Del Mar zone. Our apartment with be in Cardiff and Elder Phillips (my trainer) will be my zone leader! I am super excited! It is the promised land of the mission. Our apartment is close to the ocean and everyone says it's really nice. I leave tomorrow. My companion's name is Elder Spencer. Should be a great time.

This last week was a long one! I knew I was getting transferred and it was really hard to say goodbye. We were able to finish strong and find more people to teach. We dropped David because he hasn't been able to sober up. Frankie is excited to get baptized, but was really bummed I was leaving. Bonnie (the sister's investigator) was baptized on Saturday and it was amazing to be there for that. it was so cool!

I was privileged to have the opportunity to go on exchanges with Elder Miles, our beloved zone leader. That was a lot of fun and a great experience. He is a great example and I learned a lot. 
 
Twin Oaks Valley has been one of the best experiences of my life. I have had a lot of fun and hope that I am able to return to visit this ward again. Today we were with Michael Weaver, one of the guys in our ward who reports to the MTC on Wednesday. He said something really cool. He said, "I think you and Elder Phillips were called to this area for me. When you guys met me I didn't think I would be going on a mission. You guys helped me a lot and made me want to go." That meant a lot. Yes, I do wish I was able to baptize over the last 5 months, but you have to do your best and let people use their agency. I feel good knowing I was able to help Michael get ready to go. In the long run, that's just as good as a baptism because he is going to bring others towards Christ in South Carolina. He will be in my prayers.

Well, I don't really know what else to email you all. I am very nervous, but excited. So pray for me :) I do know that this is Christ's church. If you ever have doubts or questions, take it easy because the church really is true. Heavenly Father is there and always is. There is nothing we can do that we can't fix with the power of the atonement. I know I was put in the path of Frankie and all the other investigators we met for a reason. Even though they weren't baptized yet, those seeds have been planted. I love this gospel and I love this work. I am excited for what Heavenly Father has in store for me next. 

Elder Kapp

(This picture is of Frankie)
(2nd Brother Birch)
-- 

Elder Erik Kapp
California Carlsbad Mission
451 West Bobier Drive
Vista, CA 92083-1906





No comments:

Post a Comment