Monday, April 18, 2016

Torrey Pines Week 1

Hey Everyone! The transfer went smoothly. I am now serving in Del Mar Stake in the Young Single Adults ward. It is cool! It is very different from what I am used to in Twin Oaks Valley or even Utah. I live real close to the ocean. Close like, I am looking at it right now from the library. How many people get to do that on their mission? The work is slower here. There isn't as much to do, but I am still getting used to it. I really like being in YSA. The people are the coolest. Being around people similar to your age is cool. Your first transfer is like being a greenie all over again. I feel like I don't know much and I'm a bit overwhelmed, but I am really excited.  

Right now we aren't teaching anyone. That's a bummer, but we are working hard to change that soon. I really enjoy having a full time car, but we bike sometimes too. It is crazy to see the ocean every day. The members are really cool! On Friday we went to dinner with Olivenhain Elders and we went to one of the co-founders of Rubio's for dinner. They were super cool!

There are lots of fancy stuff here. Fancy houses. Fancy cars. You name it! It feels weird serving here. It feels like I am on vacation. I will send some pictures, but my computer at the library won't let me. So they will come soon.

The one thing I have picked on is the importance of being humble and obedient. The commandments are given to us for a reason. We need obey EVERY commandment. We can't pick and choose. Heavenly Father blesses us no matter what. We should give him the same courtesy. Because once we stop obeying one, it leads to another, and another, and another, and before you know it you are far away from the straight and narrow path. Don't ask questions and obey and I promise you will find blessings.

I love you all and hope you have a great week.

Elder Kapp

No comments:

Post a Comment