Tuesday, May 30, 2017

BOOK OF MORMON POWER!

Hey everyone! This last week was very very crazy! We had a lot of meetings, a lot of exchanges, and were super busy, but we didn't get to teach and find as much as we wanted. But that's okay!

We taught Stephanie on Tuesday and she is doing good! She has been in Utah since Thursday visiting her boyfriend. We haven't talked to her yet, but hopefully will be teaching her tomorrow! She is super cool!

We spent a lot of time trying to find people to teach from our own efforts. We weren't able to find a lot of people but we have a few potentials we are going to try to work with.

I've really learned a lot from the importance of the Book of Mormon. Elder Figgins and I have been reading it as a companionship and we've both noticed a difference in the spirit we feel. They are some of the most spiritual comp studies I've had and they are so simple! If you need a pick me up, take 5 minutes and read the Book of Mormon. It will help!

That's all I got this week! I love you!

Elder Kapp





           Hanging out with David at the Ranch! Coolest guy ever.



1 comment:

  1. I just wanted to say that I think these elders really do a service, and I'm not even a Mormon. I was in a restaurant this morning, and I heard a group of men talking smack on Islam. They were having some kind of meeting and even had what looked to be Bibles. They then softened their talk, perhaps realizing they were being too harsh. Maybe they saw me watching at the table next to them, and I'm sure I looked disturbed. I used to practice Islam, and I love the religion very much. Then one of them said that he thinks the peaceful Muslims of the town are like Mormons. They're a perversion of the actual religion, but they are peaceful people. I know that might not sound much better to a Mormon, but to a former Muslim it sounds a lot better. Mormons get stereotyped as the weird ones. Muslims get stereotyped as the terrorists. It looked like the group of Christian men were able to put things into perspective by comparing local Muslims to Mormons. They consider both groups to be a perverted people, but they are peaceful and not people they should bother.

    They then went over their agenda, closed with a prayer, grabbed their Bibles, and walked out. I thought it was a weird meeting, but it was also a hopeful one. The adherents of my former religion have gone from possibly dangerous to simply peacefully perverted. I love that they compared local Muslims to the local Mormons. The attitude for them was that they've had to put up with Mormons, so they ought to be willing to put up with Muslims. It's progress!

    ReplyDelete