Monday, March 6, 2017

French Lesson with African Refugees

Hey everyone! This last week was such a fun time! We had a lot to do! We haven't been teaching any investigators this last week, but we are helping grow and strengthen the ward and branch. We have had a good time too! 
We went on 2 exchanges this last week. I went with Elder Marchand on Tuesday and went with Elder Sharp on Saturday. Both were really great and we were able to stop by and teach some people!
We had a super cool experience on Saturday! We went to teach an active member the lessons and her non member friend was there and we taught her the Plan of Salvation! It was cool! I don't think we will teach her again, but she for sure got a lot of questions answered.
The best part of the week was Saturday night. We got to go down to Carlsbad to teach a French lesson. No, I don't speak French, but I get to go with my companion to teach. We taught two refugees from Africa, Leticia and Rita. The crazy thing is the family that found them and is being the fellowshippers lived in Switzerland a while ago and knew Elder Gantner and his family! The lesson part was incredible. It was amazing that I didn't know the words being said, but I could understand what was going on because the spirit was so incredibly strong. Leticia is so prepared. Rita wasn't really feeling it. I can't even describe the feelings I felt as the First Vision was shared. Leticia started crying. At the end it wasn't even a question. I could tell without knowing what was said that Leticia had just been invited to baptism and accepted. I don't think that's the interpretation of tongues, but the Spirit knew how to speak to me so I knew what was said. It was a special moment.

I love you! Have a great week!
Elder Erik Kapp

                                                                           Pictures from MLC




                        We did visits with Brother Ford and this is the car we took :)

                                                          Leticia, Rita, and the Price Family

No comments:

Post a Comment